Thursday, November 26, 2020

Poetry:Flawful


You'd prob'ly just tell me, 'you're beautiful'.
You're supposed to because you're my friend.
But everyone knows that what matters most 
is what says the mirror in my head?

And if I would dare to be honest with you,
I'd say that I envy her smile
and her hair and her bust and her waist and her hips
I'm a monster, at least in my eyes.

I feel lucky to live in a time such as this.
I can
shun Mother Nature's mistakes;
And no one's the wiser, not that many care
if my DP's a real or a fake.

And what of the mirror that's inside my head?
Is it happy with what I have done?
Not when envy can never be satisfied 
Or when 'perfect', one cannot become.





4 comments:

  1. I have always enjoyed
    reading your writing. This is a thumbs up from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. superb poem with idealism that most women struggle with yet the reality of we are who we are is beauty in itself. oh for a world where we celebrate personality not the outer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a wonderful world indeed!
      Thanks for reading <3

      Delete

Always appreciate the feedback <3